Friday, November 10, 2006

Clara's First Halloween




















All dressed up - I was the farmer, Clara was my sunflower baby, and I guess that would make John the mad scientist who genetically engineered such a marvel.

Clara looked adorable in her sunflower costume. I actually found it at a thrift store for $2. On Sunday, Oct. 29th we had a costume party for the kids here at the church and had 25 children show up for it. Given the size of our regular Sunday morning children's ministry, we were thrilled! During the service the kids all went up front in their costumes (non-scary of course) and sang "If I Were A Butterfly". Well, it was absolutely priceless...Clara sang the loudest and drowned everyone else out. As soon as the music would start, she'd just start belting it out at the top of her lungs. And on the third verse when the words didn't come up on the power point screen it didn't stop her. She just kept right on hollerin'. It was so cute. I could barely see my music I was laughing so hard. Poor Grampy MacKay, who was holding her at the time, was in tears. I wish we had it on video. We'd be rich!

Then on Monday, Oct. 30th we celebrated Grammy MacKay's birthday with a big ham dinner here at our place. Mom's birthday is actually on Halloween so it makes it kind of difficult to celebrate the day of her birthday. And want to hear something weird? Her sister was also born on Halloween. And, no, they're not twins...three years apart actually. Strange, huh? I wonder what the chances of having two kids in a row on the same date is.













Clara enjoying a rice cracker at Grammy MacKay's birthday party. No cake for you, little girl. That will have to wait for your own birthday...which I can't believe is now less than 4 months away.

Halloween night we dressed Clara up in her sunflower costume again and went around to visit with some friends and family. Clara just loved it...being the centre of attention and all. She thought it was great. Wait a couple more years when she understands the whole treat aspect of things.













Clara trick-or-treating at Grammy and Grampy MacKay's place.














Wow, finally a treat just for me!

2 Comments:

At 8:30 p.m., Blogger Karen said...

So cute! She has such a mischievous-looking smile :)

 
At 7:30 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree - Clara is so cute...she lights up when she smiles. What a perfect costume she had!

"Clara the sunbeam"!

That was a fun Church-o-Ween party we had...the kids had a great time singing in church and there were lots of smiles...maybe next year Clara will sing a solo!

I loved both of your costumes and appreciated you being a part of the Church-o-ween. I walked into church and saw John at the pulpit with his green crazy hair - that's a sight I won't soon forget!! FUN ;)

Bye for now,
Angela

PS May I just say...what a great Cranium game we had the other night ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home