Monday, September 11, 2006

Remembering (Clara Christena MacKinnon Apr. 18, 1926-Sept. 11, 2005)

Well, today was a day of remembrance for a lot of people. As we drove around town today and saw the flags at half mast we remembered all those who lost their lives in the terrorist attacks 5 years ago...and their loved ones who are no doubt still grieving.













Me (a little younger than Clara is now) with my Dad, Gram, and Great-grandma.

Today I was also remembering my Gram who passed away exactly one year ago. I can hardly believe it's been a year. I still miss her SO much. I miss laughing and talking with her, hugging her, and sharing special times with her.















We went to visit my dad and Tina this afternoon at their cottage and had supper with them and my aunt and uncle and cousins. It was nice to be with the family on this first anniversary of Gram's death. Today was the sort of day that Gram would love though...everyong eating and laughing and just being together. On the way home we visited her and Grampy's grave. I hate to admit it was the first time back there since her funeral last year. There was something so peaceful about the cemetery this evening...the sun was setting, the air was crisp and calm. It really is a beautiful spot. I wish so much that Clara could have known her. I wish Gram could have held her and kissed her. I was only 3 months pregnant when she died, but at least she knew about the baby and knew that if it was a girl we would be naming her Clara after her. So that's special. Well, even though it's been kind of a sad day in some ways, it's also been a day to thank God for my Gram and our special relationship and all the good times we shared.















Here's the whole clan after supper...Yawsha's the only one that didn't make it in the picture.















Grampy and Baba with the two babies on their laps. I think Tegan's a bigger baby than Clara by times!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home