4 Generations
I was listening to a Sara Groves song the other day and started thinking about my family and all the people I love.
"And I can think of a time when families all lived together
Four generations in one house
And the table was full of good food
And friends and neighbours
That's not how we like it now
'Cause if you sit at home you're a loser
Couldn't you find anything better to do
Well, no I couldn't think of one thing
I would rather waste my time on than sitting here with you."
How I would love to sit and visit with my loved ones who have already passed on...just one more time. Funny how we never know when that visit is the last one. I guess that's why we need to make the most of every moment together. Last week one of my Gram Dingwell's brothers died...my great uncle Murdock. It was sad to lose another connection with her. I've been thinking about Gram and missing her a lot lately, wishing she could have held Clara and known her.
On a positive note, I'm thankful to still have my Gram on Mom's side. She loves Clara so much. Here's a picture we took this summer down on the boardwalk of Clara, me, my mom, and my grandma. Pretty neat to have 4 generations of women together for a picture like this. Thank you, Lord, for putting the 4 of us in the same city and the same church. What a blessing!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home