Old Friends
It's been great to see some old friends lately. I am so thankful for the many wonderful people God has used in my life to shape me into who I am. I feel so blessed. Last week I spent a morning with Amy and Linda...good friends from high school. We had a lot of laughs remembering crazy times together. Linda is teaching in Cyprus, and I haven't seen her for probably about 5 years.
Here's Linda with Clara and Amy's two girls.

Then Monday evening I was feeding Clara her supper while John was eating his and the doorbell rang. We weren't expecting anyone, and the apartment was a MESS (we had spent the entire afternoon sorting through every closet and nook and cranny, getting some stuff together for a yard sale). Anyway, it was Sarah and Billie Jane, friends from WAY back. Sarah was home from Toronto for a few days, and I'm so glad she stopped by. I didn't even care that my place looked like a disaster. Wow -- motherhood has mellowed me I guess!
Sunday after church we went to the beach with my parents and my grandmother for a picnic. The dogs had a great time chasing each other on the sandbars, and we had a nice walk through the sun-warmed shallow pools of water...I love the south shore beaches when the tide is out...they're great for walking. Clara enjoyed facing out in her snugli and taking in the sights. It was just a beautiful day!

My hair's sticking up in this picture almost as much as Clara's does.


3 Comments:
That's a great family shot of you guys. Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks! Btw, remember we watched 2nd-hand Lions together - we think it's hilarious too!
Karen
Hey, Erin...I am a TERRIBLE, terrible person...there is nothing wrong with my voice mail - I've gotten your messages, I'm just AWFUL at calling...I'm so sorry!!! Thanks for making the effort...don't give up on me yet!...I really would love to see you guys...I feel AWFUL that we've been here so long and haven't connected with you at all yet!! I can't believe how small this island is, and yet it still seems hard to connect...anyways...no excuses! I'll try to give you a call this week...it would be great to come and see you guys...meet your little girl, introduce you to Jason, etc...you guys live in the basement of the church?!...at least I know where it is...anyways...hope you're having a great day -- I'll try to cal you. Kristi
Hey, Kris. Don't worry. I totally understand...life just gets so busy! I know the feeling. We'll connect sometime soon!
Erin
Post a Comment
<< Home