Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Parliament in my pyjamas

Yes, that's me in my pyjamas...outside the library in parliament. So, how did I end up there in my p.j.'s you ask? Well, it all started our last night in Ottawa. We were super late getting back to our hotel room after convention was over. After packing up all our stuff, I thought I'd have a bath, get into my pyjamas, and just be ready to roll out of bed and into the car early the next morning to start the long drive home. That's what I did, but as we were driving through Ottawa the next morning towards the highway we joked that we'd be on time for the first tour of the parliament buildings that morning (we had missed our chance a few days earlier when there were no tickets left by the time we got there). Anyway, we decided we'd stop and do the tour and then hit the road...only problem is I had just rolled out of bed and into the car so I felt like a clown the whole morning. It was fun though.















Clara and Daddy on the lawn at Rideau Hall. This was Clara's first time to feel grass between her toes!
















Clara's first ticket ever...a free tour of Rideau Hall.
















Clara with Debbie at the convention picnic. It was so great to reconnect with folks we hadn't seen since we moved last year. (John pastored with Debbie's husband in Calgary.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home