Monday, August 21, 2006

Clara's First Fire






























We had the most beautiful evening at the beach last Friday. John took the youth out to Blooming Point for a weenie roast. The sunset was gorgeous. Bugs were bad, but there wasn't a breath of wind. It was a great time. Clara just stared at the fire. I wasn't sure what to bring to put her in at the beach...any of her seats would just get full of sand. So I brought her plastic baby bathtub. There she was, all snug in her p.j.'s and Piglet hoody sweater, nestled in a towel in her tub. She must have wondered what her lunatic mother was doing to her outside in the dark that time of night. It was fun. I ate more than my share of smores too which is always my favourite part of a fire on the beach. Thanks for the pictures, Angie!


I can't resist posting this picture. Friends of ours in Ottawa took it while we were there visiting in July. I just love that smile!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home