Sunday, May 21, 2006

I Love This Time of Year!

Oh, summer is here, and I love it! Well, I guess technically summer's not here, but it's sure felt like it the last couple of weeks. This is the best time of year to live in a tourist trap...the shoulder season. You get to enjoy all the beautiful places without the tourists being here in full force.

Things are going well here. The church is currently going through a devotional book called "Fresh Enounter" all about revival. It's a great study, and people seem very keen on praying for revival. It's exciting to see what God is doing among us.

We had an awful accident in our family last week. My father's fiance was in a head-on collision on her way to work on Thursday morning. She's okay, but the young fellow that ran into her didn't make it. I just can't understand the chances people take. He was passing a line of cars on a turn. She said she could see him coming but just couldn't get out of the way. It all happened so fast. She's in Moncton right now and has had surgery on her ankles and her back. My heart has been so heavy and yet so thankful all at the same time. I'm so thankful that God protected her, but I feel so burdened for her physical and emotional pain and the other family who is grieving right now. We just have to remember that God has a purpose in all of this, and I pray He'll use this situation to draw my family closer to Him and to each other.

Clara is growing. She's about 10 and a half pounds now, and is smiling away and interacting lots. She discovered her voice yesterday and has been cooing like crazy! She is SOOOO cute! We found out she had a yeast infection in her mouth and since she's been on medication for it she is just a different child...so happy and content and feeding like a dream. We had her portrait done a couple of weeks ago but weren't happy with the way it turned out AT ALL so we decided to try it ourselves. After much frustration and experimenting we did manage to get a couple of cute pictures. Here are the pictures we took...















































3 Comments:

At 6:31 p.m., Blogger Erin said...

Those are really nice pictures! I especially like the one of Clara with the teddy bear. :> You can definitely see a lot of John in her face already. Or.. I think so anyway.

 
At 12:21 p.m., Blogger Karen said...

Hi, guys! Erin, I'm sorry about the accident; we'll be praying.

Those pictures are beautiful. I have to disagree with Erin (above) - I think Clara looks like Erin :)

 
At 1:57 p.m., Blogger The Barretts said...

Hi Erin,

It's Jamin's wife, Sarah here. I just went through your blog. Clara is adorable...and I agree with Erin (above)...she looks like John!

Sounds like your labour was nice & short! I enjoyed reading your blog as I could relate to so much of what you had to say! The pooping in the bathtub hadn't happened to us yet, but we've certainly had our share on the change table, up her back, etc.!!

Your pics are beautiful by the way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home