A New Normal
My how things change when you have a baby! What's normal for us now is so different from what it was. Nighttime rest is now not much different than catnaps I used to take during the day. Every task (including eating meals) is done with lightning speed or it might not get done at all before Clara wakes up wanting to be fed. And speaking of feeding, it's become normal for me to whip out my breast without the slightest thought of modesty. A few hours later, what comes out the other end is our new normal topic of discussion. We talk about poop, clean it off her bum, her change table (and, yes, even off the wall on occassion). What takes the cake though was when Clara actually pooped on me while I was in the bath with her the other day. If you had told me about that before I had a baby I probably would have been grossed out, but instead it gave us a good laugh. It's moments like that that lighten the mood after a sleepless night and a particularly fussy day.I still can't believe we are parents. I'm not sure when that's supposed to click in for good. We are just in awe when we watch her. She is starting to smile a bit and is so much more observant of people and things around her. She especially likes looking at the lights in a room. And when she's sleeping, I could watch her for hours. She is so beautiful.

We had our second trip to the doctor with Clara today...her six week check-up. She's up to 9.5 pounds.
Here are some recent pictures...

Clara in her new Easter dress from Aunt Dawn and Uncle Al.


3 Comments:
I love this site i think im going to creat an account im previously using piczo which is what everyone uses but this is really awesome i love it and yes shes soo adorable i hope i get to see her again!!!!
<3 dayna
Hey, Dayna. Thanks for the comment. We think she's pretty adorable too. And what are you talking about...of course you'll get to see her again...lots I'm sure! By the way, we missed you and Kayla at youth group last night. See you soon.
It's so cool to check up on you guys and see beautiful Clara!! Miss you!! Ellen
Post a Comment
<< Home