Friday, March 17, 2006

She's Here!

Our precious baby has arrived! One week ago today Clara Heather Evans was born into this world. She's healthy and beautiful and just perfect in every way. She weighed 7lbs. 12oz. and measured 20 inches long.

On March 10th at 5:30am I had my first labour contraction. By 8:10am we were at the hospital and the first time they checked me I was already 9 centimetres dilated so they took me right into the birthing room. After a few hours of labour and an hour of pushing Clara was born at 12:08. It was a wonderful experience even though I was too far along for any pain medication. We made it through though and it was all well worth it. I still can't believe I had breakfast, had a baby, and then had lunch! God was good to me.

We all got home on Tuesday, and we're slowly adjusting to our new routine (or should I say lack of routine at the moment!) Here are a few pictures. I'm sure there'll be lots more to come so keep checking back.

Minutes after delivery...


















She's got her mommy's hammer toe...





















One day old and she's already tuckered out...


















Baby Clara with Mommy, Grammy MacKay, and Great Grandma

















One week old - Daddy and Clara

















One week old - Mommy and Clara




















All set for my first shopping expedition...a trip to Walmart
today

9 Comments:

At 12:38 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin & John! Congratulations!!! I just got your email with the blog site, and came on to check... God has blessed you with a wonderful little girl - amazing, eh?! Thanks for sharing... Maybe someday soon we'll meet up, and I'll get to meet little Clara in person. :) God bless you all... Take care.
Janna

 
At 8:38 a.m., Blogger Erin said...

Awwwwww!!! She's soooo cute!!!! :> Congratulations both of you!
~Erin

 
At 11:07 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She is a beautiful baby! We can't wait to meet her and introduce Kaylee to her new cousin.

Love Glenn, Catherine & Kaylee

 
At 9:11 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful we knew you guys would have a beautiful baby. Just like her mommmy and her daddy! We are so glad it was quick for you. Congratulations!
With Love,
The Eagleson's

 
At 11:14 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations John and Erin! And welcome baby Clara! Aren't little girls wonderful...we certainly love ours. She is beautiful! So glad that it was a fast labour, and went so smoothly.
All our love!
Andrea, Shane and Kennedy

 
At 1:23 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

How beautiful she is and I'm so glad things went well with her arrival! Can't wait to meet little Clara one day! You continue to be in our prayers on this new journey!
love to all, Ellen

 
At 11:30 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's Beautiful! Congratulations you guys, we are so happy for you!

Kristel & Andrew

 
At 12:44 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to echo everyone else - she really is so beautiful! Congrats, guys! And Erin, praise God for a quick labour/delivery! Wow! :)
Garth and I continue to keep you in our prayers.
Love,
Garth & Cara

 
At 1:09 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, she is sooo cute. You did so well, first baby 7 hours, you are my hero. I did not even get that with my third.
The Turner's (Kevin, Nadine, Mya, Erika and Joshua)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home