A Dream Come True
Well, after 6 years it's finally done! I can hardly believe it. John and I just released our first CD. I say "John and I" because even though you won't hear John on the CD, he's the technical brains behind this project...my sound technician extraordinaire. Check out my website (a work in progress) at www.erinevansmusic.com for information on ordering a copy.


Something else to celebrate...John and I just had our 10th anniversary on Friday. That's something else that I can hardly believe. Kinda scary how fast 10 years can fly by. I look forward to the next 10 though, God-willing, and many more after that! We tried to get away to Halifax for a couple of nights. Mom and Carl were looking after Elizabeth and Clara was with Dad and Tina. Tina ended up getting really sick though so we headed home early. We're still holding our breath that Clara doesn't come down with it and praying that Baba feels better soon. So for our 10th anniversary dinner we sat on the couch eating take-out donairs from Pizza Delight after the girls were in bed. Not exactly what I would have pictured, but a memory I won't soon forget!
The girls are doing well. Elizabeth is on her second round of antibiotics for this ear infection that just won't go away. I'm praying it will be all cleared up before we're due to fly out west the end of the month. Elizabeth is a going concern these days...climbing the stairs every chance she gets. She's trying to imitate lots of sounds and say some words. She's not quite walking on her own yet, but she sure can motor when she has something to balance herself with. Her physio for her neck is all done now. It's improved a lot!
Clara is quite the conversationalist now. The things she comes out with just crack us up sometimes. Her favourite thing to say right now is "Whaaaat?" I'm trying to get her to say "pardon"...it's so cute when she catches herself and says "pardon" without having to be reminded. She is one smart little girl...her coordination amazes us. John just said last night that she could do anything she sets her mind to. She's very determined! At least when she's well rested. When she's feeling tired she complains that her blankie is even too heavy to carry. Last night I was sending her upstairs to John who was going to put her to bed. She was trying to carry a backpack, her blankie, and her sippy. I had to laugh when she said, "I have too many hands." I think she meant she didn't have enough. She often gets her opposites mixed up. I hope it's just a stage and not anything serious. She calls John Mommy-Daddy and calls me Daddy-Mommy. She is such a good big sister! She will even share a snack with Elizabeth without my prompting. Don't get me wrong...she'll also push her over or hit her on the head with a toy completely unprovoked as well. Oh, the intricacies of sibling love!
(a funny potato we found one day while making supper)
Well, we have a busy day ahead so I better get going. We are starting to get very excited about our trip to the west coming up in a couple of weeks. Look forward to seeing many of you while we're there!!

1 Comments:
I absolutely cannot wait to see all of you! What a hoot reading about Clara's phrases!
So excited about the CD! Congrats and I pray God blesses it...as I know He will!
See you soon!
Post a Comment
<< Home