
I had a most precious moment with Clara today. We have this thing called an evangecube. It's a block that keeps folding and unfolding, telling the story of Jesus in pictures. Clara is very intrigued with it, and she brought it to me today and wanted Mommy to "read" it to her. So I proceeded to explain to her that because people do bad things and God is perfect, we are separated from God. But because God loves us so much He sent His Son Jesus to earth. Jesus lived a perfect life and died on a cross. He was punished for all the bad things that we've done so we don't have to be. He was buried, and three days later He came back to life! That's a miracle. A miracle is something that only God can do and Jesus is God! If we trust Jesus and ask Him to forgive us for all the bad things we've done we can be God's child, God's friend. And when we die we will live forever with Him in Heaven. At which point Clara exclaimed a signature Clara expression, kind of a combination of "whoa" and "wow"! Then she said, "Me do dat." In spite of the Doodlebops bopping in the background she insisted I tell the story again. This time when we got to the picture of the risen Christ outside the empty tomb, she excitedly pointed and said "Jesus. I love Jesus!" How precious is that! I have a feeling once her verbal skills continue to improve there will be lots more conversations like this. She is a curious little girl. I just pray that I'll have the answers she needs, on her basic level. Everyday I pray that my girls will learn to love God and want to follow Him all the days of their lives. I pray that they'll know that God loves them and has a very special plan for their lives. Thank You, Lord, for these most precious moments that sometimes come out of nowhere.
1 Comments:
I miss my little Clara and this is just precious! Don't you worry, Erin, you will have just the right answers for your little girls! You and John are doing and will do just fine!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home