Thursday, April 30, 2009

It's About Time!

I have been meaning to get some pictures up on here for quite awhile now.  Finally, here we go...

I haven't really been very faithful in taking pictures lately.  I feel like life is in fast forward sometimes.  Elizabeth is growing so fast and I wish I had more pictures and video of her.  

Clara and I have both had birthdays since I last updated the blog.  For Clara's 3rd birthday we took her swimming, then to McDonald's playland for supper, and then back to Grammy and Grampy MacKay's place for cake and presents.  It was a fun afternoon.  I cannot believe Clara is now 3!  Where does the time go?






























Another birthday cake for Clara.  Dad and Tina came over for supper the actual day of Clara's birthday and brought a second cake for her.  Here she is about to blow out those three candles.















Clara and Elizabeth and I spent a couple of days at Dad and Tina's place while John was out in Alberta for meetings.  Clara would have spent the whole time in the whirlpool bath if she could have.  The jets scared her a little, but they sure did make for some awesome bubbles!















Elizabeth is now walking holding onto furniture and any other object that will help her balance.  She is so interactive now...understanding and responding to much of what we say to her.  Her favourite response to any question is to nod yes and say "uh-huh."  Grampy MacKay recently taught her how to give kisses.  She likes to aim right for the lips.

I found her in the kitchen one day and had to snap this shot.  She had tried to put Clara's hair band on all by herself...not bad, eh?
















These next couple of pictures were taken on Easter Sunday morning.  Each of the girls got a little treat bucket.















Clara loved her bunny ears.  She thought they looked pretty cute on Yawsha too.



















John and I had a little getaway this week.  We found a really good deal on a used Honda Odyssey minivan and actually travelled to Montreal to pick it up.  We left Clara with Dad and Tina and Elizabeth with Mom and Carl.  We took the bus from Charlottetown to Moncton and the train from Moncton to Montreal.  What fun it was!  48 hours alone!  We had a double bedroom on the train with our own bathroom.  It was so cool.  We definitely want to do it again sometime.  It was the best way to travel since the train went all night.  We slept on the train, got into Montreal the next morning and then drove the van home, without having to pay for a hotel room.  We didn't get home until 2am though...the drive home was long and we were so glad to finally rest our heads on our own pillows!  We are very pleased with the van.  It's fantastic.  Next order of business is to sell the other two cars sitting in our driveway.  If you know of anybody looking for a '94 Nissan Maxima or an '06 Toyota Matrix let us know!

Here's a picture of my birthday gift from John and the girls.  They got me an aero garden.  It grows herbs, flowers, lettuce, all sorts of things.  Right now we're growing herbs, a collection of chives, thyme, mint, dill, basil, and oregano.  It started sprouting in a few days and I'll be able to harvest from it in a few weeks.  I can't wait to start using them in my cooking.  



























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home