Lobster Season Has Arrived!

This past Saturday our church put on their annual take-out lobster supper. What a pile of work! This year we sold a record-breaking amount of dinners...somewhere around 450 I think. Clara came nose to nose with her first lobster. A few more years and she'll have a job on the assembly line!
After a very wet and cold spring it finally feels like some warm weather is going to settle in. Today was gorgeous here...really our first nice warm day. Tomorrow the high is 24 degrees. I hope it makes it!
John made it home from Mississippi. I guess it was an amazing experience for all who went. It's so good to have him home.
Daddy and Clara (both with their new hair dos)
We are loving our new place. It just feel so much like home. And we love how quiet it is here. It's really proving to be a wonderful neighbourhood. I dried three loads of laundry on the clothesline today. It was actually so nice today I was able to sit out on the deck in a t-shirt and shorts this morning while Clara napped. There wasn't a breath of wind.
We're also loving being so close to some gorgeous beaches. Within ten minutes there's some beautiful spots for walking Yawsha, and we've been taking advantage of it.
John (and Yawsha way up ahead) at Lakeside Beach.
Some sort of sea vegetation washed up on shore that we found while walking at Savage Harbour one evening.
I think we may have discovered another "rock from away".
One evening while walking on the beach we discovered these sink holes and couldn't figure out what they were from. We finally concluded that they were formed by heavy ice cakes that then melted away. I've never seen them before so it was kind of neat.

1 Comments:
Looks beautiful! I can't wait to see it for myself!
Post a Comment
<< Home