Our lives aren't so boring after all...


Well, we have some exciting news. We are buying a house. We are so excited. The last little while we've started sensing that it was time to start looking for a place of our own. The discouraging part was that there really didn't seem to be anything in livable condition out there in our price range so we did some research on new mini homes and thought that we might have to go that route. Anyway, through a series of emotional roller coaster ups and downs God led us to this place. It is just such an answer to our prayers. Please pray that everything will go smoothly as we work toward meeting all the conditions. It's going to be a busy week. If all goes well, we'll be taking possession the day before Clara's birthday (less than a month from now). Anyway, about the house. It's in a small village about 15 minutes outside town (20 minutes exactly from the church parking lot), which is a little farther than we wanted to go, but it's a very familiar road to me since my father lives in that direction and I used to drive it every week-end as a kid. I think I could do the route blindfolded. Anyway, I think that will help to make it seem not so far. Plus it's all good highway driving the whole way. And it will be nice to be in a community if we're going to be living that far from the city. I think it will be much better than just being on an isolated country road all by ourselves. There's about 300 people or so that live in this village. It's called Mount Stewart. There's a river running through it, and I think it will be quite picturesque in the summer. The house we're buying is 98 years old, but has had very extensive renovations done in the past few years. There's really nothing much left to be done except some finishing touches that we can pick away at once we're moved in. We'll have 4 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms. I can hardly believe we'll have a guest room and a music room. And it has a fenced backyard which will be perfect for Yawsha. Anyone have some gardening tips though because it looks like there's going to be a lot to keep up with, and I don't have a green thumb. We'll see how that goes! Well, it's getting late and it's been a long day so I just thought I'd get a quick post up here to tell you all the exciting news. I just hope everything will work out smoothly as we shop for mortgages and get an inspection done and all that good stuff. Oh, and click here to see the actual MLS listing for the house. It'll probably be left on the site for awhile if you want to check out more pictures. God is so good! We really didn't think we'd find anything in our price range that wouldn't require a bundle of money in renovations. We feel confident He is leading us every step of the way, and I'm so glad now that previous places we offered on didn't go through. I think this place was worth the wait. Will keep you posted!

5 Comments:
It looks lovely! Congratulations! I'll pray that all the loose ends get tied up quickly this week. Once again we see how God's timing is perfect :)
Karen
Ooooooh it's purdy! And it looks really big too. I likes it. :>
I've just now looked at all of the pictures of Clara on here and I must say, she REALLY likes having her picture taken. She's always smiling. Very cute.
Wow! You're certainly getting a great deal. House looks great!
Hey John and Erin...and Clara! I am so glad to get to see your blog and catch up a bit on you guys. Clara is beautiful. I am so excited for you guys. And the house is great. I know this must be a very exciting time for you guys! Enjoy getting settled there.
Troy and I are planning on coming to PEI at the end of the summer. I am really hoping it works out.
Would love to see you!
Amy (Taylor)Douglas
Post a Comment
<< Home