Sunday, March 11, 2007

Our Little One is ONE!
















I can hardly believe a year has come and gone since Clara was born. What a precious gift from God she is. We celebrated her first birthday yesterday with family and had lots of fun. She loved being the centre of attention, of course. Boy, so much has changed in a year. This time last year she was a little stranger named Clara Heather Evans, swaddled in baby blankets most of the time and crying ALL of the time. I was trying to figure out how to feed her, how to soothe her, how to change her diapers. Well, now she's still named Clara Heather, but she's blossomed into a delightful toddler...so full of smiles and charm and personality. Something John said shortly after she was born has stuck with me, and I've been thinking about it a lot this week. He said, "She's never been this big before and she'll never be this small again." I'd like to write a song for her sometime with that phrase in it. I started on the lyrics, but need to find a tune yet. The chorus will probably go something like this...

You've never been this big before,
But you'll never be this small again.
Time only goes one way
So we'll cherish everyday.
And no matter what they say,
You're a miracle.

That's what she is...Clara - our little miracle. Thank You, God, for such a blessing to treasure!





























































An update on the house...we got the keys on Friday and will spend this week painting, cleaning, and doing odds and ends getting it ready to move into. Lots to do, but we're so thankful for the help we'll have from Grandma and Grandpa Evans who are here visiting with us right now! Will write more later when I have some time.

2 Comments:

At 12:41 p.m., Blogger Karen said...

I like the chorus, Erin! I'm sure it will be beautiful. And Happy Birthday again from both of us (and Owen).

 
At 12:17 a.m., Blogger Ellen said...

What fun to celebrate with y'all!! Clara is such a joy! "Auntie" Ellen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home