Pictureless
Clara had her first haircut yesterday. I wish I had a picture to post, but John took the camera with him to Mississippi this week. I told Clara she wasn't allowed to do anything cute while Daddy was away. So much for that...she looks adorable with her new little "do". Got rid of the mullot and her bangs no longer hang in her eyes. John will be quite surprised at how grown up she looks when he gets home. She's also taken off with her walking skills since John left. She's able to get pretty much anywhere, any distance on her feet now. She's wandering around me here in the dining room with her favourite scarf draped over her shoulders. She always has to be carrying something...usually it's a soft blanket but I guess the soft scarf is doing the trick today.
So John has been away the past week in Mississippi with a team of people from the church, helping rebuild houses destroyed by hurricane Katrina. I've talked with him on the phone a few times, but I'm looking forward to him getting back tomorrow. It's been a long week. I've discovered how difficult it is to juggle a stroller, a bag of poop, and a dog leash with two hands. (John usually walks Yawsha twice a day.) It's been nice to have some visitors while here alone though. Ellen spent a couple of nights with us, Aunt Dawn came down for a night, and Mom was here for the week-end. Thanks, you guys. It would have been quite lonely without the company.
Well, I better get going. I need some breakfast and Yawsha needs out. I'll post some pictures from John's trip when he gets back. I guess this week will remain forever pictureless for Clara and Yawsha and I.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home