Friday, August 06, 2010

Summer Pictures

Wow! Another HOT summer day...what a blessing. I thought our heat wave was over in July so any nice days we get like this in August are such a nice surprise. What a busy summer we are having. We were in Toronto for our denomination's annual convention at the beginning of July. It was a rushed trip...with little ones it seems you're always rushing...to the next potty break on the road, to be on time for every session, to get the kids back to the hotel and to bed at a reasonable hour. Anyway, it was a wonderful time of connecting with others in our family of churches and our family (Grandma and Grandpa Evans travelled out for it too so we got to see them for a few days).

Then shortly after we got back from Ontario we had Vacation Bible School at the church. We had about 40 children throughout the course of the week, and it was such a blessing to see 10 of those kids indicate that they wanted to pray to receive Christ into their hearts. What a miracle!

The very next week we hosted about 40 World Changers at the church. These were junior and senior high students (and their youth group leaders) who came from as far away as Texas and New Mexico to work on construction projects for some folks around Charlottetown who just couldn't afford to have the work done themselves. There were 3 construction teams that did everything from painting to roofing to decking. And there was one other team that did a backyard Bible club at a park near the church and spent the afternoons visiting with seniors. What an inspirational bunch of students. Not only did they volunteer a week of their summer vacation to come and do this...they actually paid for such a privilege...and did it all with such a willing attitude for the Lord. Each evening they had some teaching and worship time, and John and I joined them a few evenings. I'm not wishing my children's lives away (or mine for that matter), but someday I look forward to participating in mission experiences like this as a family when our girls are that age.

On Canada Day we went with Grammy and Grampy MacKay to an amusement park in Cavendish. The girls must have gone on about 20 rides. The first ride they went on was the merry-go-round, and Elizabeth loved it so much we didn't think we'd be able to get her off. Clara and I even went on the tilt-a-whirl, and I was so surprised that she actually liked it. I thought she might find it a little scary (even though I made sure we just tilted, not twirled!). It was a great day.












































This is a picture of Clara and Elizabeth in their bug suits. Mom found these for them at Value Village. Don't they look like their ready for a space walk or something? I think it's hilarious, but with the mosquitos this time of year here in Mount Stewart, it's nice to not have to slather them with bug spray EVERY time they want to be out in the yard.















We did a little photo shoot with Ella this morning. We have pictures of the other girls at 3 months and wanted to be sure we got a nice one of Ella to frame. Here are the ones that turned out the best. Leave a comment to let us know which one is your favourite, and you can help us decide which one to frame.
1.















2.















3.















4.















Speaking of Ella, she is doing great. She's growing like crazy, wearing clothes Clara and Elizabeth wore when they were twice the age she is. I think maybe she's going to take more after the Dingwell side, size-wise. John and I are both feeling very thankful that she started sleeping 12 hours at night a couple of weeks ago. She is the most amazingly contented baby I think I've ever seen. Here's a couple of cute pictures of her proud big sisters.





























My, how much can change in two years! Look at this picture of Elizabeth then (at 3 months old) and now (2 and a half years old)...

3 Comments:

At 12:20 a.m., Blogger Karen said...

I so enjoyed "catching up" with you on this post - time flies, doesn't it? Your girls are all beautiful.... and I like #3 picture the best. I'm with you on savouring all the hot summer days that come our way - here was hot too, but before you know it summer will be over. Miss you - and God Bless!

 
At 10:39 p.m., Anonymous Neil & Cheryl Dudley said...

Hello Erin & John & kids, Cheryl & I viewed the pictures and like # 1 the best although they all look priceless, the bug suits are hilarious but necessary, take care.

Neil & Cheryl.

 
At 5:47 p.m., Blogger Ellen said...

hi friends! well, it's hard to choose which picture of my precious Ella :) I like #1 or #3 the best, I guess.
Thanks for sharing about all the summer happenings and so glad I got to see y'all at convention meeting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home