Our Bags Are Packed
Wow! Can January be almost over already? I can't believe I will be 38 weeks pregnant this Thursday. This baby could come anytime. I think we're just about ready though. I've been cooking up a storm lately, trying to get some meals in the freezer and doing laundry, trying to get all the newborn sleepers and blankets and stuff clean and ready for the big homecoming. I've also got everybody's bags packed...a bag for the baby, a hospital bag for me, and a bag for Clara's stay at Grammy and Grampy's place.
I've been amazed at how different this last month of pregnancy is than it was with Clara. It's so great not to have all the discomforts I had with her. Well, of course I'm still experiencing the fatigue, the stretch marks, the heart burn, etc...but this baby is sitting SOOOOOO much higher and more out in front so I don't have all that pressure that I had with Clara...also I'm only running to the bathroom every hour or two at night (not every 5 minutes).
I'm sure glad I didn't go into labour last night. That would have been a tricky trip to the hospital. We had a major ice storm here the last couple of days and the roads have been as slick as a skating rink. The trees look beautiful all coated in ice, but there were a lot of branches down and even some trees snapped in half. At least we didn't lose our power. I think there's about 22,000 people at the other end of the Island without power so we were thankful that ours stayed on through the night last night.
So what else is new in our world? Well, Clara is gearing up to become a big sister. She loves to give hugs and kisses to my belly. She knows there's a baby in there and likes to hear the heartbeat at my doctor appointments. She's all settled in her big girl room and liking it I think. There's no heating vent in her new room though so we have to dress her in about 3 layers of pj's at night and cover her with a few warm blankets (which of course she won't keep over her). She doesn't seem to mind the cold though. Even during the day she loves to run around the house in bare feet. I have an awful time trying to keep socks and shoes on her, even when I have the thermostat set to only 14 or 15 degrees to save on oil costs. She's one hardy girl! Her newest obsession is play dough. She loves it. It's the first thing she reaches for every morning after breakfast. She likes to pretend to cook and bake with it in her new play kitchen she got for Christmas. I just love watching her imagination at work! She is such a great girl to entertain herself.
I realized the other day that we don't really have any pregnancy pictures for this baby so I got John to take a belly shot of me this evening. Here I am at almost 38 weeks.
I know this is a little late, but we just got our Christmas video downloaded to the computer yesterday. Here's a clip of Clara with Grammy MacKay on Christmas Day:

1 Comments:
Hi, guys! Glad to hear that you still have power. I just heard about the ice storm today. 5 days without power would be a nightmare. Wow - 38 weeks - you're almost there! I can't wait to hear about your new little one!
Post a Comment
<< Home