Fun in the Sun
We arrived in Ft. Lauderdale yesterday to 27 degree Celsius weather! Absolutely beautiful. After getting our rental car and checking into our hotel we made our way north to West Palm Beach, about an hour drive. We met Warren and Jean at First Baptist Church in West Palm Beach. After a tour of their church, they drove us all around Palm Beach...past all the beautiful mansions and high end shops. Wow! The wealth is unbelievable. The royal palms lining the streets look like tall concrete columns with a burst of green foliage at the top. Just beautiful. After our driving tour we went to a really neat shopping area called City Place where we enjoyed an amazing italian meal at Il Bellagio right next to a water fountain and light show for entertainment. My fettuccini Alfredo was the best I've ever tasted...don't even want to know how many calories or grams of fat was in that. After supper we enjoyed strolling through some of the unique shops. Jean and I shared lots of laughs about some of the eclectic and just plain weird stuff for sale. Every time I would comment on something that was kinda neat, Jean would say "Now what would you use that for?" My honest response, "I wouldn't." It's just the fun of looking I guess. What a wonderful afternoon and evening. The O'Briens are such kindred spirits and so young at heart...simply a pleasure to spend time with. They even took us past Donald Trump's place where we got to see that controversial monstrosity of a flag. Jean also toured us around the beautiful episcopal church where she worked as administrative assistant for 27 years. What a gorgeous spot with beautiful courtyard and gardens. I can see now what is so appealing about the temperature here in the winter time. It is just like a nice warm summer evening back home...lovely temp for strolling outside. And the atmosphere...there is something so sophisticated, opulent, like a dream world. Truly can see why this is a vacation spot. Can't wait to do some more exploring today!




1 Comments:
So wonderful that you had this vacation and got to see the O'Briens!!
Post a Comment
<< Home